This is really the only practical use I’ve ever found for Catalina dressing and it is delicious. Now I’m not being biased here, but this recipe has flexibility and it is super easy to make. The best part? Well it can be Vegetarian or it can be made with meat.
3 Romaine Hearts
1 Package Yves Veggie Cuisine Mexican Ground Round
2 Large Bell Peppers
1 Red Onion
1 TBSP Avocado Oil
½ Package PC Taco Seasoning
PC Medium Salsa
Kraft Calorie Wise Dressing
PC Cheddar Cheese with Habanero
Wash all the vegetables and put a pan on the stove and heat on medium. Cut the peppers and onions into small pieces. Cut the romaine hearts and spin in a salad spinner. Lay the lettuce out on a towel to dry (I find that doing this and storing in the spinner allow it to last a little longer in the fridge).
- Heat the oil and add the onions to the pan.
- Sprinkle half the Taco Seasoning onto the onions and stir as the onions sweat down.
- Add the peppers and the remaining Taco Seasoning.
- Stir until the onions are translucent and the peppers have softened.
- Add the Mexican Ground Round and break it up and combine as it heats.
Place the lettuce for one serving in a large bowl. Drizzle the lettuce with Catalina dressing. Add your desired of the cooked Mexican Ground (either warm or cold) and two or three tablespoons of Salsa. Shred cheddar cheese onto the top of the salad.
Combine and enjoy!